Artlin Consulting is seeking a Strategic Communications Specialist to join our staff supporting the Strategic Data Management Team.
This position directly supports the Principal Deputy for Acquisition Data and Analytics (AD&A), under the Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Acquisition Enablers (DASD(AE)), Office of the Under Secretary of Defense for Acquisition and Sustainment (A&S). This position is part of the Strategic Data Management Team, which is responsible for furthering the organization’s mission to provide senior leadership with timely access to accurate, authoritative and reliable data. The Strategic Communications Specialist is responsible for all of the organization’s external communication materials.
- Shape communications strategies and approaches for engaging AD&A stakeholders and A&S leadership.
- Prepare AD&A briefings in a way that promotes consistent messaging to A&S leadership.
- Prepare all materials needed by the Principal Deputy AD&A for conferences and speaking engagements, including graphics, slide decks, and talking points.
- Identify opportunities to increase the organization’s visibility, both within the Department and externally.
- Create and maintain AD&A graphics that communicate the mission and strategic efforts of AD&A.
- Continuously review the organization’s briefing and training materials for inaccuracies, out-of-date information, and opportunities to refine strategic messaging.
- Conduct the Introduction to Acquisition Visibility (AV) portion of monthly user training.
- Lead arrangement of logistics for the Acquisition Visibility Working Group (AVWG) and Acquisition Visibility Steering Group (AVSG) governance meetings.
- Prepare, review, and coordinate communications and strategic content for the Defense Acquisition Visibility Environment (DAVE) and AD&A websites.
- Contribute to the communication and change management plans for DAVE.
- Draft notes and action items from meetings for Principal Deputy AD&A; follow up and track actions to closure.
- Assist in coordination between teams by reporting relevant work-status reports on strategic efforts to team leads for enhanced decision-making capabilities.
- Research and maintain a cognizance of the laws, regulations, and policies that govern DoD Acquisition.
- Assist with additional or ad-hoc strategic efforts to align the organization’s Acquisition Data Strategy to the Adaptive Acquisition Framework.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Active Secret clearance required
- 2+ years experience in a communications role, DoD experience preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint is required
- Proficiency in Adobe suite or other design tools required
- Proven ability working successfully in a collaborative and diverse environment
- Attention to detail with strong organization skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent project management skills and ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- Experience interacting on-site with federal government clients and senior leadership
Secret Clearance REQUIRED
Artlin Consulting, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.