Training Project Manager
Project management support to the Defense Innovation Board (DIB) includes:
- Support office training and education lead – serve as the focal point for the end-to-end training processes, customer support, and metrics. Work daily/weekly with the training lead, contracted training vendors and government customers throughout the department to track actions and promptly resolve questions.
- Drive the DIB’s efforts to promote and deliver quality programs in data science, design thinking, lean start-up, artificial intelligence, and innovation management across the Department of Defense.
- Develop training schedules, coordinate with training providers and de-conflict schedules, prepare and distribute marketing materials, course enrollment, after action reporting, develop/prepare metrics, and maintain training records.
- Support the office project lead in managing multiple, simultaneous projects; building a comprehensive management plan incorporating customer requirements and participation; help ensure plan is synchronized with all stakeholders; track deliverables.
- Support the development of a project management plan, delivery dates, and project estimates.
- Assist the project lead in managing projects through all phases, maintaining accurate project schedules and budgets; maintaining project documentation including meeting minutes, budget adjustments, schedules and scope.
- Recommend resourcing needs, scrutinize the use of assigned resources; identify, assess, and manage project risk, and recommend proper corrective action.
- Valued skill sets: detail oriented, self-motivated, strong interpersonal skills, fast learner, adaptable.
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred)
- While expertise in the five above mentioned focus areas is not required, experience delivering training and education programs, particularly though not exclusively in large organizations, is a plus
Tools and Proficiency:
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and tools
- Working knowledge of knowledge/collaboration management tools preferred
- High performer and self-starter, takes individual initiative to solve problems
- Excellent team player, ability to work well in a collaborative environment
- Ability to learn new data sources quickly and develop creative solutions to new problems
- Active Secret Clearance or eligible for Secret Clearance