The Project Manager is responsible for managing team activities in support of Department of Defense (DoD) Operational Contract Support (OCS) initiatives.
OCS is the process of planning for and obtaining supplies, services, and construction from commercial sources in support of joint operations; this includes contingency, humanitarian, and disaster relief efforts. Access to common, authoritative OCS data and information provides Commanders, planners, and analysts across the Department of Defense (DoD) with the ability to make informed decisions.
- Oversee work of all Artlin staff on the contract. Ensure deliverables are met with excellent performance; address any performance issues. Handle administrative requirements for contract (on- and off-boarding staff, monthly report, CAC issuance).
- Manage day-to-day relationship with the client. Schedule team meetings and syncs as needed with the client, Artlin team members, and OCS stakeholders. Create decision briefs and leadership presentations as needed.
- Lead outreach and engagement with OCS stakeholders from various Geographic Combatant Commands (ex, AFRICOM, CENTCOM), Military Services, Joint Staff, and Combat Support Agencies (ex. Defense Logistics Agency (DLA)). Represent the client as needed for meetings and briefings.
- Attend and support OCS governance forums. Capture and follow through on action items.
- Develop and maintain an overall project schedule; Monitor team results against the project milestones and remediate any schedule slippages. Effectively prioritize team workload to meet deadlines and work objectives.
- Oversee team activities related to requirements management, OCS policy analysis, OCS portal development, training/demos, and data analysis.
- Understand the primary OCS data systems:
- Federal Procurement Data System – Next Generation (FPDS-NG)
- Procurement Business Intelligence Service (PBIS) & the All of Government Contract Spend (AGCS) Report
- Synchronized Pre-Deployment Operational Tracker – Enterprise Solution (SPOT-ES)
- System for Award Management (SAM)
- Bachelor’s Degree required, MBA preferred.
- 5+ years of relevant consulting or industry experience, DoD/Federal Government experience preferred.
- At least one year of experience managing a team.
- Knowledge of OCS and related DoD contracting and/or financial systems. Knowledge of FPDS-NG, SPOT-ES, and other DoD Contingency Contracting/Financial systems is a plus.
- Familiarity with the Defense organizational environment and Components.
- Experience interacting on-site with Federal Government clients and Senior Leadership.
- Strong leadership, communication, and motivational skills; ability to create a positive and productive work environment.
- Attention to detail with strong organizational skills.
- Proven ability working successfully in a collaborative and diverse environment.
- Client and service oriented.
- Ability to clearly explain complex scenarios to technical and non-technical team members and clients.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; communication via telephone and screen sharing is sometimes necessary with worldwide partners.
Tools and Proficiency Level:
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills. Advanced skills in Excel are a plus, such as ability to create Pivot Tables and perform VLookups.
- SharePoint – User experience.
- Active Secret Security Clearance Required
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Preferred