Artlin Consulting is seeking motivated individuals who are passionate about helping clients achieve excellence. Qualified candidates will have a creative, holistic, and systematic approach to problem-solving. The Subject Matter Expert - Financial Management supports the Department of the Navy, providing the Naval Information Warfare Center Atlantic (NIWC Atlantic) with business, management and analytic support services.
The Subject Matter Expert - Financial Management should possess strong analytical and organizational skills, coupled with demonstrated expertise in supporting and complying with DoN and DoD enterprise initiatives:
- Project Management Body of Knowledge Processes to include: Planning, Programming, Budgeting & Execution (PPBE), Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI).
- Organizational Management
- DoD Acquisition/DoD 5000
- Federal Acquisitions Regulation
- Office of Management and Budget Circulars, Financial
- National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) Section 804 Middle Tier of Acquisition for Rapid Prototyping and Rapid Fielding)
- NDAA Section 806 Acquisition Agility
- Other Transaction Authority (OTA)
Additionally, the role requires the ability to interpret data, assess trends and trajectories and make recommendations to Senior Leaders to support strategic planning and business decisions. Qualified candidates will be able to work independently and communicate issues, risks, and best practices to Senior leaders within the NIWC Atlantic
- Provide business financial management and analytical support at the command, competency, department, and division levels
- Develop and Maintain the budget of the projects and / or programs
- Provide financial analysis support to key support areas associated with financial reconciliation, Financial Improvement and Audit Remediation (FIAR), and organization financial statements
- Provide financial analysis support to include research accounting errors, recommended corrective actions, and administrative support to document all accounting transactions
- Assist in ensuring all appropriate costs are accounted for in the budget of the projects and / or programs
- Provide management analysis and forecasting needs in support of Command Overhead, Direct and Service Center initiatives as well as data calls and other Command initiatives
- Assist with knowledge transfers of financial management, policies, regulations, and processes to the workforce
- Assist the government with the preparation of the general fund reporting for annual budget process
- Assist the government with ensuring that all budgets and funding are requested and executed in compliance with the Department of Navy Financial Management and Policy Manual
- Assist the government in the interpretation of DOD financial policy, laws and regulations, prepare documents and artifacts for government to reviewing response to financial data calls.
- Support data integrity efforts through proper data tagging and data associations to advance analytical capability and responsiveness.
- Education: Technical Training in Business and Financial Management.
- Experience: Eighteen (18) years of hands-on experience with Business and Financial Management, to include three (3) of the following four (4) areas: Systems Requirements, Operational Requirements, Test & Evaluation, and Training. Recognized expert who has demonstrated industry and public service leadership in interpreting and applying fiscal law and associated regulations.
- Specific experience: Twenty (20) years of extensive DoD and/or DoN BUS-FM direct work experience, to include: Expert demonstrated leadership skills in researching and interpreting new or updated BUS-FM laws, policies and regulations, supporting customers with complex problem solving or decision support and providing recommendations at a strategic level for BUS-FM products, processes, training.
Tools and Proficiency Level:
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint, Visio, Access) – Intermediate to Advanced application of technology
- SharePoint - intermediate application of technology
- Active Secret Clearance Required
Artlin Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer.