Artlin Consulting is seeking motivated individuals who are passionate about helping clients achieve excellence. Qualified candidates will have a strong analytical and leadership background working with cross-functional teams to manage execution and delivery of software capabilities.
The Lead Business Analyst supports capability development and requirements analysis for an enterprise reporting and analysis platform leveraged by users within the Department of Defense. As the lead analyst, qualified candidates will manage and work alongside a team of business analysts to translate development priorities from legacy systems, stakeholder requests, policy changes, and emerging business needs into implementable tasks in the product backlog and drive to on-time product delivery. Qualified candidates will be strong communicators who can bridge between stakeholders, subject-matter experts, and developers.
- Coordinate with development support team to facilitate, define, and document requirements through collaboration with Product Owner and stakeholders in order to design new capabilities, remedy gaps and ensure functional needs align with DoD policy and standards, as well as client vision.
- Capture, manage, and maintain user stories and acceptance criteria within JIRA for capability development
- Collaborate with systems engineers and Frontend Development Lead to generate supplemental materials to illustrate requirements to developers and track progress on capability development
- Provide leadership and direction to business analysts to enable a collaborative environment while helping them grow their ability to also work independently
- Assess and provide feedback on the quality of stories and acceptance criteria drafted by the business analysts
- Evaluate the business analyst team processes and procedures against best practices periodically; recommend and implement change when needed
- Track progress of story generation and grooming to ensure cross-functional teams provide input to prepare for development according to schedule
- Serve as proxy for the Product Owner for the purpose of organizing and managing the Product Backlog in JIRA
- Support stakeholder engagements to include user testing and system demonstrations to elicit feedback from clients, stakeholders, and users
- Prepare information, metrics and decision briefings for client on requirements, sprint status/vision, release status/vision, and/or release planning
- Articulate implementation details to both technical and non-technical clients, partners, and stakeholders.
- Support planning for Scrum meetings to include: Release Planning, Sprint Reviews, Sprint Retrospectives, and Sprint Plannings
- Author user guides for new capabilities on an as needed basis
- Perform functional testing according to user story acceptance criteria to identify opportunities for future enhancements and/or document and communicate findings as appropriate
- Minimum of 5-7 years of requirements management required, specifically in an agile environment strongly preferred
- Minimum of 2-3 years of leadership experience required
- Experience working in a multi-functional environment alongside developers, database engineers, designers, and analysts
- Excellent communication skills, especially with regards to making technical details accessible and transparent
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership of issues and drive to resolution, engaging support as necessary
- Excellent project management skills and ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor's degree required
- Proficiency with user interface and user experience design, particularly sketching and wireframing a plus
Tools and Proficiency Level:
- Experience with Atlassian, especially Jira and Confluence for collaborative requirements management at the Project Administrator level a plus
- Angular/HTML/CSS/Bootstrap familiarity a plus
Secret Security Clearance Required
Artlin Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer