Artlin Consulting is seeking a motivated individual who is passionate about helping clients achieve excellence. Qualified candidates will have a creative, holistic, and systematic approach to problem-solving.
The Business Analyst supports capability development and requirements analysis for an enterprise reporting and analysis platform leveraged by users within the Department of Defense. The Business Analyst works primarily to translate development priorities from legacy systems, stakeholder requests, policy changes, and emerging business needs into implementable tasks in the product backlog. Qualified candidates will be strong communicators who can bridge between stakeholders, subject-matter experts, and developers.
- Assist in creation and maintenance of the Product Backlog in Jira by documenting functional requirements as user stories and acceptance criteria
- Engage technical and subject matter experts to ensure that development efforts adhere to client vision and organization mission
- Conduct research to ensure that development efforts align with policy as well as industry best practices, guidelines, and standards
- Provide supplemental materials that illustrate requirements to developers, clients, and stakeholders, including but not limited to wireframes and reference documents
- Perform functional testing according to user story acceptance criteria and document or communicate findings as appropriate
- Prepare information and decision briefings for client on requirements, features, and development status
- Coordinate and facilitate Scrum meetings, including Release Planning, Sprint Reviews, Sprint Retrospectives, and Sprint Plannings
- Facilitate the Scrum process by preparing and prioritizing requirements for Sprints, ensuring that inputs from technical and functional teams are incorporated
- Conduct software demonstrations and solicit feedback from clients, stakeholders, and users
- Experience with Agile development, especially Scrum, a plus
- Experience working in a multi-functional environment alongside developers, database engineers, designers, and analysts
- Excellent communication skills, especially with regards to making technical details accessible and transparent
- Experience with Atlassian, especially Jira and Confluence for collaborative requirements management at the Project Administrator level a plus
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership of issues and drive to resolution, engaging support as necessary
- Excellent project management skills and ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 1-5 years in a business analysis or product management role
- Some work from home available
This position requires that candidates have and hold a DoD Secret Security Clearance.