Artlin Consulting is seeking high energy individuals who are passionate about helping clients achieve process excellence. Qualified candidates will have a creative, holistic, and systematic approach to problem-solving. This position supports the our client at the Department of Defense.
The Data Scientist works in a highly-collaborative, team-oriented office environment. The candidate must be comfortable sharing ideas and contributing to team efforts. This is not a software development position, but an analytics position. The Data Scientist will deliver creative and quality analytics products to our leadership. Desired products will include new and creative processes, modeling and statistical approaches, and visualizations.
- Leverage data science and analytics expertise to collaboratively develop new analytic products, and provide our client’s workforce with templates and reporting guidelines to enable them to recreate data products and visualizations in line with industry best practices.
- Leverage technical and analytical expertise to explore and examine data from multiple disparate sources with the goal of discovering patterns and previously hidden insights, providing process efficiencies, or addressing a pressing business problem.
- Support the development of new data analytic products and brainstorm solutions for better data metrics, visualizations, and improvements to existing data systems within the organization.
- Support efforts to develop useful metrics and visualizations of complex topics in a way that is easy to understand and successfully aggregates content without losing important meaning.
- Communicate effectively with senior leaders to shape and elaborate on approaches to improve data quality, data goals and initiatives, as well as how to measure progress on those initiatives.
- Effectively collaborate with other team members to solve strategic and data problems creatively, synthesizing new solutions from disparate inputs.
- Support and facilitate working-level meetings and projects that further efforts to collaborate on creative solutions to improve our access to important data and support decision-makers across the Department in the near-term and long-term.
- Effectively work with functional strategy analysts in the office and throughout the organization to develop measurable and useful metrics for each strategic initiative, with the intent to help our client become more data-driven
- Identify and support key near-term actions to establish a foundation from which to augment our existing data infrastructure and analytic capabilities, protect data assets, and enable the organization to use and understand data.
- Help improve data literacy within the organization, leveraging best practices for identifying and addressing data quality concerns as well as opportunities to train the broader workforce to better utilize the data they have.
- Bachelor's Degree (Masters Preferred) in a related field.
- Active SECRET Clearance.
- 3+ years of demonstrated experience leveraging data analytics skills to solve problems in a professional environment.
- Flexibility to adapt to evolving priorities and urgent strategic needs
- Demonstrated history of excelling in team-oriented environments, and quickly learning and/or adapting to new situations.
- Comfort manipulating and analyzing large, complex data sets. Ability to perform data quality analysis using formulas in Excel Data Tables.
- Experience performing quantitative and qualitative analyses.
- Ability to clearly explain complex scenarios to technical and non-technical team members.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Attention to detail with strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently to deliver on tight deadlines.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and ability to be resourceful and take initiative.
- Demonstrated situational awareness and professionalism.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with experience exercising mature judgment
- 2+ years of data analysis experience.
- Bachelor's Degree (Masters Preferred) in data science, computer science, business analytics, or a related field.
- Experience with DoD or Federal Government and software constraints associated.
Tools and Proficiency Level:
- Required: Excellent Microsoft Office skills, with advanced skills in Excel, such as ability to create Pivot Tables and perform VLookups.
- Required: Proficiency in Python and/or R languages.
- Desired: Demonstrated ability using Python and/or R languages to solve data analytics problems in a professional environment.
- Desired: Demonstrated experience with MS Access, SQL, or other relational databases.
- Desired: Demonstrated experience with business intelligence and analytics software platforms to include: Qlik, Tableau, Alteryx, SPSS Modeler, etc.
- Desired: Moderate to advanced SharePoint abilities.