Artlin Consulting is seeking a Database Developer to join our staff as a key member of the Acquisition Visibility Data Governance Team to document and model the authoritative metadata for Defense Acquisition. The Database Developer is expected to be a creative person with a holistic and systematic approach to solving problems with strong communication and organizational skills. The individual in this role will serve as the sole keeper of essential databases, will report to the DB Architect and Engineer, and work in collaboration with other developers as needed.
- Develop and manage a metadata database in a system that serves the needs of DoD acquisition community.
- Design and coordinate the database design for this emerging enterprise management tool with information technology specialists to ensure adherence to industry and DoD data management best practices.
- Logically and systematically diagnose and decompose problems and changes to address emergency requests for changes to live data in a production environment by determining the types and extent of changes, writing VBA and SQL as necessary to make the changes.
- Work in cooperation with the lead database developer, and develop and maintain the conceptual, logical, and physical data models using tools like TOAD, ERWin, and pgModeler.
- Work closely with stakeholders on the data supply side (domain experts on source systems of the data).
- Cooperate and consult with the data engineer developing the greater Defense acquisition data system.
Create highly reusable code modules that can be leveraged across the data pipeline.
- Active DoD Secret security clearance.
- Bachelor’s degree in related technical/business field.
- 3-5 years in Database development, database normalization, specifically in at least two of the following: MS Access, SQL Server.
- Excellent SQL and logical programming language skills required.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with team members to define requirements.
- Familiarity working with relational data stores.
- Demonstrated understanding of the principles and practice of Data Governance.
- Experience working on-site with Federal Government clients.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Access.
- Strong experience in Visual Basic.
- MS Office interoperability/Integration.
- Experience with Atlassian (Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket).
- Experience in System Development Life Cycle / IT delivery projects.
- Experience with Agile methodology.
- Experience with SharePoint 2010 or similar knowledge/collaboration management tools.
Artlin Consulting, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.