Artlin Consulting is seeking high energy individuals who are passionate about helping clients achieve process excellence. Qualified candidates will have a creative, holistic, and systematic approach to problem-solving.
This Senior Data Analyst position supports the Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD), Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Logistics (DASD-Log) Operational Contract Support (OCS) Directorate in developing solutions for OCS data integration and information sharing. The capabilities developed provide Commanders, planners, and analysts across the Department of Defense (DoD) with improved ability to make informed decisions based on timely visibility of OCS capabilities using common, authoritative data and information. This position will interface with Joint Staff, OSD, and Geographic Combatant Command (GCC) Stakeholders.
- Manage the data analysis portion of the OCS team.
- Provide recommendations and solutions to GCC OCS Integration Cells (OCSICs) for OCS data integration and information sharing.
- Support the incorporation of new OCS data sources into OCS processes.
- Develop and apply quantitative and qualitative analytic methods to identify, collect, process, and analyze large data sets for specified purposes.
- Educate the OCS community on OCS data sources and their use-cases for OCS personnel.
- Provide in-person and virtual/global data analysis training and product demo sessions.
- Develop and improve client SharePoint sites on NIPR and SIPR.
- Brief leadership and relevant stakeholders on the capabilities and developments of data and information sharing products.
- Interface with data source owners to ensure initial and continued accessibility of OCS data.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business, or related field.
- Active SECRET Clearance.
- 5+ years of data analysis experience.
- Experience with DoD, Joint Staff, Service, or Combatant Command policy, doctrine, processes, data standards, and/or operations and business systems capabilities.
- Experience building ad-hoc and canned reports based on stakeholder requirements.
- Experience writing SQL for extraction, transformation, and loading is a plus.
- Experience and knowledge of OCS and related DoD contracting and/or financial systems is preferred. Knowledge of FPDS-NG, SPOT-ES, and other DoD Contingency Contracting/Financial systems is a plus.
- Experience manipulating and analyzing large, complex data sets.
- Applied experience performing complex quantitative and qualitative analyses.
- Experience interacting on-site with Federal Government clients and Senior Leadership.
- Ability to clearly explain complex scenarios to technical and non-technical team members.
- Experience in translating functional requirements into technical requirements and into data models or analysis guides based on an understanding of data elements, systems, structures, architectures, and sources.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; communication via telephone and screen sharing is sometimes necessary with worldwide partners.
- Attention to detail with strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently to deliver on tight deadlines.
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to the dynamic nature of consulting engagements.
- Proven ability working successfully in a collaborative and diverse environment.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and ability to be resourceful and take initiative.
- Demonstrated situational awareness and professionalism.
- Client and service oriented.
Tools and Proficiency Level:
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, with advanced skills in Excel, such as ability to create Pivot Tables and perform VLookups.
- LeafletJS – Moderate abilities.
- Familiarity with Agile Scrum Methodology preferred.
Artlin Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer.