Artlin Consulting is seeking a Proposal Writer to support leadership as an integral part of the Business Development team responsible for developing and managing responses to Sources Sought (SS), Requests for Information (RFI), and Requests for Proposals (RFP). The individual in this role will be responsible for managing all aspects of the proposal process including coordinating, writing, and submitting proposals as part of a “rapid response” team. Qualified candidates will have a proven track record of leading successful proposals.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Manage a “rapid response” capability that will quickly, proactively, and independently respond to SS, RFIs, and RFPs that are not currently on the pipeline
- Read and determine Artlin’s ability to pursue SS, RFIs, and RFPs.
- Manage proposal efforts, including technical writing and content development, coordinating proposal activities, ensuring proposal compliance, and submitting the finalized product.
- Lead proposal writing, editing, and reviewing to ensure responses are compliant with government parameters, highlight Artlin capabilities and win themes, and encompass “one voice” for coherent, thoughtful responses.
- Identify and develop content and serve as a technical writer/lead for response.
- Complete capability matrixes as needed to identify gap areas and/or potential needs for teaming partners.
- Create compliance matrixes for all proposal volumes.
- Identify Artlin team members, as appropriate, to contribute to proposal efforts as technical writers, editors, reviewers, etc.
- Manage, coordinate, and lead proposal schedules/calendars, kick-off, cadence calls, color team reviews (green, red, white), etc. to ensure proposal success. Coordination may include external parties and Artlin teaming partners.
- Assign and manage project tasks and timelines, adjusting as needed.
- Manage task order responses to existing Artlin BPA/IDIQ contract vehicles.
- Coordinate with other Artlin and/or teaming partner business units, such pricing, contracts, recruiting, graphics, or other.
- Ensure any pricing volumes, supplementals, and/or appendixes are complete and compliant.
- Submit completed RFI and proposal responses to the appropriate government officials, in the compliant format, via the preferred delivery method (email, hard copy, CD, etc.).
- Archive final proposal documents and materials in the company database.
- Provide suggestions for ways to improve the current proposal process, such as tools, templates, and techniques.
- Coordinate with and provide updates to leadership as needed.
- 5+ years of relevant experience,
- Intimate knowledge of the government and DoD contracting processes.
- Experience with proposal preparation, management, and execution.
- Excellent Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word) skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Technical writing and editing experience.
- Strong leadership, communication, and motivational skills; ability to create a positive and productive work environment.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize work, and potentially manage multiple projects at once.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Attention to detail with strong facilitation and organizational skills.
- Proven ability working successfully in a collaborative and diverse environment.
- Ability to maintain a flexible work schedule, sometimes including evenings and weekends, to meet proposal schedules.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Department of Defense (DoD)/Federal Government experience.
- Familiarity with third party business development tools (GovWin preferred).
Artlin Consulting, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.